Drawing up to the provisional agenda for a regular session
1. The Executive Director shall submit to the Governing Council at each regular session the provisional agenda for the following regular session. The provisional agenda shall include all items proposed by:
(a) The Governing Council;
(b) A state Member of the United Nations or member of a specialized agency or of the International Atomic Energy Agency;
(c) The General Assembly;
(d) The Economic and Social Council;
(e) The Executive Director.
2. Item proposed under (b) above shall be accompanied by an explanatory memorandum and, if possible, by basic documents which shall be submitted to the Executive Director at least forty-nine days prior to the opening of the session.
3. In drawing up the provisional agenda, the Executive Director shall take account of suggestions made by the Environment co-ordination Board, a specialized agency, the International Atomic Energy Agency, and appropriate United Nations body, or an intergovernmental organization referred to in rule 68 below. He shall also consider suggestions from the international non-governmental organizations referred to in rule 69 below.
Communication of the Provisional agenda
After the Governing Council has considered the provisional agenda for the following session, the provisional agenda, incorporating any amendments
made by the Governing Council, shall be communicated by the Executive Director to all States Members of the United Nations or members of the specialized agencies and of the International Atomic Energy Agency, the Chairmen of subsidiary organs of the Governing Council as appropriate, the President of the General Assembly when the Assembly is in session, the President of the Economic and Social Council, the appropriate United Nations bodies, the specialized agencies, the International Atomic Energy, the intergovernmental organizations referred to in rule 68 below and the international non-governmental organizations referred to in rule 69 below.
Any authority entailed to propose items under paragraph 1 of rule 9 may propose the inclusion of supplementary items in the provisional agenda considered by the Governing Council. The request for inclusion of a supplementary item shall be supported by a statement from the authority proposing it except in the case of the General Assembly, regarding the urgency of the consideration of the item. The executive Director shall Communicate to the Governing Council nay requests for the inclusion of supplementary items received before the commencement of he regular session, together with such observations as he may wish t make.
Adoption of the agenda
1. At the beginning of each regular session, subject to the provisions of rule 15 and after the election of officers when required under rule 18, the Governing Council shall adopt its agenda for the session on the basis of the provisional agenda and any supplementary items proposed in accordance with rule 11.
2. A State Member of the United Nations or member of a specialized agency or the International Atomic Energy Agency which has requested the inclusion of an item in the agenda under rule 9 or 11 above shall be entitled to be heard by the Governing Council on the inclusion of the item in the agenda for the session.
3. The Governing Council shall normally include in its agenda for the session only items for which adequate documentation has been circulated to members at least forty-two days before the beginning of the regular session of the Governing Council.
Allocation of items
The Governing Council may allocate items among the plenary meetings of the Governing Council and session committees and working parties, if any, set up in accordance with rule 60, and may refer items without preliminary debate in the Governing Council to:
(a) One or more or its subsidiary organs, it any, set up in accordance with rule 62, for examination and report at a subsequent session of the Governing Council;
(b) The Executive Director, for study and report at a subsequent session of the Governing Council; or
(c) The prepares of the item, for further information or documentation.
Provisional agenda for a special session
The provisional agenda for a special session shall consist only of those items proposed for consideration in the request for the holding of the session. It shall be transmitted to the authorities mentioned in rule 10 at the same time as the notice covering the Governing Council.
Revision of the agenda
During a regular session, the Governing Council may reverse the agenda for the session by adding, deleting, deferring or amending items. Only items, which the Governing Council considers to be urgent and important, shall be added to its agenda during the session.