4. The following States members of the Governing Council 21 were represented at the session: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Burundi, Canada, Central African Republic, Chile, China, Colombia, Czechoslovakia, Egypt, Finland, France, Gabon, German Democratic
Republic, Germany (Federal Republic of), Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan,
Kenya, Lebanon, Libyan Arab Republic, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, United Kingdom
of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United Republic of Tanzania, United States of America, Venezuela, Yugoslavia and Zaire.
5. The following States not members of the Governing Council were represented: Algeria, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Greece, Holy See, Hungary, Israel, Malawi, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Tunisia and Uganda.
6. The United Nations Secretariat was represented by the Department of Economic
and Social Affairs.
7. The following United Nations bodies and regional commissions were represented:
Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic Commission for Western Asia (ECWA), United Nations Conference on
Trade and development (UNCTAD), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR).
8. The following specialized agencies were represented: International Labour Organisation (ILO), Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), World Health Organization (WHO), International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and Inter-Governmental Maritime Consultative Organization (IMCO). The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was also represented.
2/ The membership of the Governing Council, was determined by elections held at the 2112th, 2199th and 2321st plenary meetings of the General Assembly on 15 December 1972, 13 December 1973 and 16 December 1974. For the present membership, see Official Records of the General Assembly, Twenty-ninth Session, Supplement
9. The following other intergovernmental organizations were represented: Commission of the European Communities, Commonwealth Secretariat, Council for Mutual Economic Assistance, League of Arab States and Organization of African Unity. In addition, 94 non-governmental organizations and 2 national liberation organizations were represented as observers.