Sea-level rise (decisions 16127 A and B)
79. At the 8th meeting of the session, on 31 May, the Council had before it two draft decisions on this subject (UNEPJGC.16/L.18 and Corr.1, draft decisions 14 and 18) approved by the Programme Committee, the first on the proposal of the Chairman and the second on the basis of an informal text circulated by France, Netherlands, New Zealand and United States of America, with amendments introduced by Australia, Barbados, Colombia, Saudi Arabia, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics and at the suggestion of the secretariat.
80. It also had before it an amendment proposed by the Bureau to one of the draft decisions (UNEP/GC.16/L.56, amendment 5).
81. The draft decisions, as amended by the Bureau, were adopted by consensus.
Cholera and microbial pollution of the coastal waters of the south-east Pacific (decision 16128)
82. At the 8th meeting of the session, on 31 May, the Council had before it a draft decision on this subject submitted by the Bureau (UNEP/GC.16/L.24), prepared on the basis of an earlier draft submitted by Chile, Colombia and Peru (UNEP/GC.16/L.15).
83. The draft decision was adopted by consensus.