Provisional agenda date and place of the twelfth session of the Governing Council
At the 9th plenary meeting of the session, on 23 May, the Council decided that, in accordance with rules 1, 2 and 4 of its rules of procedure, and bearing in mind decisions 11/2, on the periodicity and duration of Council sessions, and 11/li section VIII, on a detailed assessment of progress in the implementation of the Plan of Action to Combat Desertification, its twelfth session would be held at Nairobi from 16 to 29 May 1984, to be preceded by informal consultations among
heads of delegation in the afternoon of 15 May 1984. That period would allow for two additional days for consideration of the comprehensive assessment of the implementation of the Plan of Action to Combat Desertification. The Council approved the following provisional agenda for the session:
1. Opening of the session.
2. Organization of the session:
(a) Election of officers;
(b) Agenda and organization of the work of the session.
3. Credentials of representatives.
4. Executive Director's annual and introductory reports.
5. Co-ordination questions, including the review of the implementation of the International Development Strategy for the Third United Nations Development Decade.
6. State-of-the-environment report 1984.
7. Programme matters:
(a) Performance between two sessions of the Council;
(b) Matters requiring reporting to or guidance by the Governing Council.
8. Review of the implementation of the Fund programme in 1983 and of the financial report and interim accounts (unaudited) for the biennium 1982-1983 ended 31 December 1983.
9. Comprehensive assessment of the status of desertification and of the implementation of the Plan of Action to Combat Desertification.
10. Provisional agenda, date and place of the thirteenth session of the Governing Council.
11. Other business.
12. Adoption of the report.
13. Closure of the session