E - Agenda
15. At the opening of the session, the Council adopted the following agenda on the basis of the revised provisional agenda by the Executive Director (UNEP/GCSS.1/1/Rev.1):
1. Opening of the session.
2. Adoption of the agenda and organization of work.
3. Credentials of representatives.
4. System-wide medium-term environment programme (1990-1995) and the medium-term plan of the United Nations Environment programme for the period 1990-1995.
5. Proposed revisions to chapter 12 (“Environment”) of the current United Nations medium-term plan
6. Adoption of the report
7. Closure of the session.
16. The spokesman of the Latin American and Caribbean Group said that his group had no difficulty with the three topics proposed under item 4 and 5 of the agenda but felt that since the Governing Council at its fourteenth session and the United Nations General Assembly at its forty-second session had approved the items “System-wide medium- term environment programme (1990-1995)” and “Revisions to the global programme on the environment of the extended United Nations medium-term plan for the period 1984- 1989” for the current special session, those two topics should be discussed first, after which the medium-term plan of the United Nations Environment Programme for the period 1990-1995 could be considered, within the time available at the session.