B - Attendance
4. The following States members of the Governing Council 1/ were represented at the session: Argentina, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil ' Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Federal Republic of, Ghana, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Kuwait, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, Spain, Sudan, Switzerland, Thailand, Uganda, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States of America, Venezuela, Yugoslavia and Zaire.
5. The following States not members of the Governing Council were represented:
Algeria, Australia, Austria, Benin, Chile, Congo, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Gabon,
German Democratic Republic, Holy See, Israel, Netherlands, Nigeria, Pakistan,
Portugal, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Tunisia and Turkey.
6. The United Nations Secretariat was represented by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs and the Office of Public Information.
7. The following United Nations bodies and regional commissions were represented:Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Office of the United Nations Disaster Relief
Co-ordinator (UNDRO), Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
(UNHCR), United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), United Nations Conference on
Trade and Development (UNCTAD), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
8. The following specialized agencies were represented: International Labour
Organisation (ILO), Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO),
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), World
Health Organization (WHO), World Meteorological Organization (WIIO) and
Inter-Governmental Maritime Consultative Organization (IMCO). The International
Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was also represented.
1/ The membership of the Governing Council was determined by elections held at the 2321st and 2432nd plenary meetings of the General Assembly on 16 December 1974 and 9 December 1975, and at the 101st plenary meeting of the thirty-first session, held on 16 December 1976 (decision 31/312).
9. The following other intergovernmental organizations were represented: Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (ALECSO), Commission of the European Communities, Commonwealth Secretariat, Council for Mutual Economic Assistance (CMEA) and League of Arab States. In addition, 47 non-governmental organizations and three national liberation organizations were represented as observers.