15/10 - A United Nations center for urgent environmental assistance (decision 15/10)
46. At the 12th meeting of the session, on 25 May, the Council had before it a draft decision on this subject submitted by the Bureau (UNEP/GC.15/L.29).
47. Some technical mistakes in sub-paragraph (b) of the operative part of the draft were orally corrected by the Secretary.
48. At the request of the Executive Director, the Bureau agreed to revise sub-paragraph (d) of the operative part of the draft decision by inserting the word “preliminary” before the word “results” and deleting the phrase “through the Economic and Social Council”.
49. The draft decision, as orally revised, was adopted by consensus.
50. The Executive Director said that his understanding of sub-paragraph (d) was that he would provide an oral report to the General Assembly at its forty-fourth session as part of his introductory statement on the report of the Governing Council.