B - Attendance
3. The following States members of the Governing Council 1/ were represented at the session:
Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic Peru
Chile Saudi Arabia
Germany, Federal Republic of Uganda
Greece Ukrainian Soviet Socialist
Hungary Union of Soviet Socialist
Indonesia United Kingdom of Great Britain
Italy and Northern Ireland
Ivory Coast United Republic of Tanzania
Jamaica United States of America
1/ The membership of the Governing Council was determined by elections held at the 84th plenary meeting of the thirty-fifth session of the General Assembly, held on 5 December 1980, the 64th plenary meeting of the thirty-sixth session, held on 19 November 1981, the 70th plenary meeting of the thirty-seventh session, held on 17 November 1982, and the 98th plenary meeting of the thirty-eighth session, held on 15 December 1983 (decisions 35/313, 36/314, 37/312 and 38/316).
4. The following States not members of the Governing Council were represented :
Costa Rica Mali
Egypt Republic of Korea
Gabon Sri Lanka
Holy See Switzerland
Iran (Islamic Republic of) SyrianArab Republic
5. The African National Congress (ANC), the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), the Pan Africanist Congress of Azania (PAC) and the South West Africa ",.People's organization (SWAPO) were represented as observers.
6. The following United Nations bodies and Secretariat units were represented:
Office for the Law of the Sea
Office of the Director-General for Development and International Economic Co-operation
United Nations Department of Technical Co-operation for Development
Economic Commission for Europe (ECE)
Economic commission for Latin America (ECLA)
Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)
Economic Commission for western Asia (ECWA)
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
United Nations Centre for Human Settlements (Habitat) (UNCHS)
United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
United Nations Development Programme (UNEP)
United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA)
United Nations Sudano-Sahelian Office (UNSO)
The World Food Programme (WFIP) was also represented.
7. The following specialized agencies were represented-.
International Labor Organization (ILO)
Food and Agriculture organization of the United Nations (FAO)
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural organization (UNESCO)
World Health Organization (WHO)
World meteorological organization (WMO)
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was also represented.
8. The following other intergovernmental organizations were represented.
African Development Bank (ADB)
Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (ALESCO)
Council for Mutual Economic Assistance (CMEA)
European Economic Community (EEC)
Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC)
Kagera River Basin Organization (KRO)
League of Arab States (LAS)
Organization of African Unity (OAU)
Regional Organization for the Protection of the Marine Environment
South Asia Co-operative Environment Programme (SACEP)
9. In addition, 44 non-governmental organizations were represented by observers.