Governance of the United Nations Environment Programme (decision 19/32)
105. At the 10th meeting of the session, on 4 April 1997, the Governing Council had before it a draft decision on this subject (UNEP/GC.19/L.71), submitted by the Ad Hoc Working Group on Governance.
106. The draft decision, as revised by the Ad Hoc Working Group, was adopted by consensus.
107. Following the adoption of the draft decision, the representative of the United States of America proposed an amendment to paragraph 1 (a), whereby the words "reform and" would be inserted after the words "to make".
108. Following a procedural discussion, the representative of the Russian Federation called for a vote on the request for reconsideration of the draft decision, in accordance with rule 46 of the rules of procedure of the Council.
109. By a vote of 26 to 1 with 4 abstentions, the Council decided to reconsider draft decision UNEP/GC.19/L.71.
110. The draft decision was adopted by consensus with the amendment introduced by the representative of the United States of America.