Constitution of the High-level Committee of Ministers
and Officials established pursuant to decision 19/32
111. The procedure for the constitution of the High-level Committee of Ministers and Officials, as put before the Council by the President and agreed to by representatives, is set out in the decision on the constitution of the High-level Committee of Ministers and Officials established pursuant to decision 19/32, contained in the section entitled "Other decisions", in annex I to the present proceedings.
Provisional agenda, date and place of the twentieth session of the Council
112. At its 8th plenary meeting, on 7 February 1997, the Governing Council had before it a proposal by the Bureau concerning the date and place of the twentieth regular session of the Council, together with a draft provisional agenda for the session (UNEP/GC.19/L.67/Rev.1).
113. The proposal of the Bureau was adopted by consensus.
114. At its 10th plenary meeting, on 4 April 1997, the Council decided, in the light of paragraph 14 of its decision 19/32 of 4 April 1997, to revise its decision of 7 February so that the twentieth session of the Governing Council would be of five days duration, from 24 to 28 May 1999.
Special session of the Governing Council to review the results
and decisions of the special session of the General Assembly
for the purpose of an overall review and appraisal of the
implementation of Agenda 21
115. At its 8th plenary meeting, 7 February 1997, the Governing Council decided to hold a special session, from 12 to 14 November 1997, to review reports to be completed by the secretariat, as well as the results and decisions of the General Assembly at its special session for an overall review and appraisal of the implementation of Agenda 21.
116. However, at its 10th plenary meeting, on 4 April 1997, the Governing Council decided, in order to allow the secretariat sufficient time to complete the tasks assigned to it at the nineteenth session of the Council, that dates of the special session should not be fixed as yet but that it should be held over a three-day period between late 1997 and the end of January 1998. It was further decided that the secretariat should provide appropriate advance notification of the exact dates, once determined, and distribute the required documentation in accordance with established procedures.