This module focuses on developing innovative communication outputs for the IEA, and provides practical steps for dissemination.
Upon successful completion of this module, participants should be able to:
- demonstrate an ability to link target group(s) and content with their choice of presentation format and communications channels, considering budget constraints;
- understand, consider and systematically implement the most important steps of a dissemination plan, while choosing the most appropriate communication outputs, and ways of reaching audiences;
- organize the production process and create high-quality paper publications, electronic products and visual presentations of data; and
- understand the importance of distribution/dissemination, with special emphasis on approaching the media.
Participants will create:
- a short-term strategy for IEA output production and distribution;
- a production plan; and
- a range of communication outputs.
Reading and exercises to be completed prior to the workshop
Participants should prepare a list of communication outputs with which they have been involved and/or bring existing, innovative printed or electronic communication outputs to the workshop. Participants are asked to bring the latest state of the environment (SoE) report for their country or other relevant jurisdiction, if available, as well as related products, such as brochures, a statistical book or other printed/electronic materials that includes a simple data set and graphical elements. These materials will be required when discussing visual presentation of data.