- An HFC phase-down can avoid up to 0.5⁰ Celsius of global warming by 2100.
- HFCs are the fastest-growing greenhouse gases. Many are 100s to 1000s of times more powerful than carbon dioxide (CO2) at warming the atmosphere.
- The Climate and Clean Air Coalition believes urgent actions, like an HFC phase-down, are necessary to limit climate change.
- Developing countries embrace green finance policies as part of wider effort to finance the real economy and meet social, economic and environmental needs
- Green finance policies inspired by new models such as developments in fintech
- US$5-7 trillion a year needed to implement the Sustainable Development Goals
15 to 23 July 2016 at the Vienna International Centre (VIC); Vienna, Austria
High-level session closes productive Africa Carbon Forum 2016
The unprecedented project will generate cash returns of at least $77.5 million
UNEP reports shed light on how countries are using different tools to shift to low-carbon, resource-efficient economies that achieve sustainable development
Impacts likely to rapidly and permanently change attributes that make World Heritage sites popular tourist destinations
Strong support from fixed income investors
Progress, Policies on air quality still fall short of what is needed to save 7 million lives each year