A CD-rom containing the proceedings and all the presentations made at each workshop is available upon request from UNEP Chemicals
The purposes of the workshops were to:
- Raise awareness of the global, regional and local nature of mercury pollution problems and assist countries to identify and prioritize mercury issues within their borders and within their region;
- Raise awareness of the potential options to reduce exposures, uses, and releases of mercury;
- Promote action, both immediate and long-term, at both national, regional and global levels to protect human health and the environment from mercury releases (in line with UNEP GC decision 22/4 V);
- Promote the exchange of information on problems and solutions;
- Prepare countries for future discussions of further measures for addressing the significant global adverse impacts of mercury (in line with UNEP GC decision 22/4 V).