- Global Environment Outlook findings for the pan-European region form basis for common action
- Up to 44,000 Poles die prematurely due to poor air quality, according to European Environment Agency
- Better use of available resources could earn the region 1.8 trillion Euro and create up to 3 million jobs in EU alone
- State Council approves proposals to propel greening of China's financial sector
- US$600 billion per annum is needed in China to finance green projects
- US$5-7 trillion a year needed to implement the Sustainable Development Goals
Balakrishna Pisupati and Mathis Wackernagel
"While they have achieved another milestone in flight, their circumnavigation is even more momentous for what it demonstrates about clean technology."
Governments set the stage for a possible agreement to reduce potent greenhouse gases under the Montreal Protocol.
An amendment on reducing HFCs would be a significant step towards meeting the goals of the Paris Agreement on climate change.
An HFC phase-down can avoid up to 0.5⁰ Celsius of global warming by 2100.
HFCs are the fastest-growing greenhouse gases. Many are 100s to 1000s of times more powerful than carbon dioxide (CO2) at warming the atmosphere.
The Climate and Clean Air Coalition believes urgent actions, like an HFC phase-down, are necessary to limit climate change.
Developing countries embrace green finance policies as part of wider effort to finance the real economy and meet social, economic and environmental needs
Green finance policies inspired by new models such as developments in fintech
US$5-7 trillion a year needed to implement the Sustainable Development Goals
15 to 23 July 2016 at the Vienna International Centre (VIC); Vienna, Austria
High-level session closes productive Africa Carbon Forum 2016
The unprecedented project will generate cash returns of at least $77.5 million