The CTCN will conduct regional trainings workshops to prepare NDEs to exercise their role. The objectives of the training are:
- To present the CTCN and its services including processes for processing and responding to country requests and the CTCN Knowledge Management System.
- To present roles and responsibilities of NDEs as climate technology champions at the national level fostering (i) collaboration and strengthening networks and partnerships, (ii) information and knowledge sharing and capacity building, and (iii) developing, selecting and submitting country requests to the CTCN.
- To provide training on:
- Stakeholder mapping, engagement and consultation
- Building and nurturing networks at national level
- Ensuring alignment between CTCN activities and national plans and policies
- Developing and prioritizing requests
- Monitoring and evaluating the support received from the CTCN and its impacts
- To identify the priority needs for NDEs to effectively play their role and the CTCN services that can best support countries in fostering climate technology transfer.
→ NDEs Training Workshop for Asian countries, Cha- Am, Thailand, 11- 13 December 2013
→ Training Workshop for NDEs from Anglophone countries in Africa, Nairobi, Kenya, 5 - 7 March 2014
→ NDEs Training Workshop for Latin American and Caribbean countries, Lima, Peru, 01-03 April 2014
→ NDEs Training Workshop for Francophone African countries, Abidjan, Ivory Coast, 20-22 May 2014
→ NDEs Training Workshop for Eastern European and Middle Eastern countries, Vienna, Austria, 17-19 June 2014