This project aims to substantially increase investments in energy efficiency by the domestic financial sectors in Brazil, China and India.
Financially supported by the United Nations Foundation and ESMAP, with complementary activities supported by ASTAE/UK DFID, the project is a partnership between the World Bank, UNEP through the UNEP Risoe Centre (URC), and local core groups in Brazil, China and India.
Major activities completed by September 2004 are as follows:
- First International Cross Exchange on Commercial Bank Financing for Energy Efficiency, India, January 2002
- Roundtable on Energy Efficiency Financing, Brazil, April 2003
- Preparatory meeting to implementation of non-traditional energy efficiency loans through domestic banks, China, April 2003
- Business meeting for banks, energy service companies (ESCOs), equipment vendors, project developers, industry associations, and professionals, India, May 2003
- Workshop “Developing the Business of Energy Efficiency Performance Contracting”, Brazil, August 2003
- International exchange workshop for ESCOs from China, India and Brazil, China November 2003
- Second International Cross Exchange on Commercial Bank Financing for Energy Efficiency, Brazil, May 2004.
For more information, see 3countryee.org