Communication lies at the very heart of UNEP's mandate and effective communication is an integral part of the strategic management of the organization. The Division of Communications and Public Information (DCPI) communicates UNEP's core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UNEP worldwide. Key communication vehicles include:
- Creating public awareness of environmental issues in the media including editorial services, press events, media outreach and capacity building
- Implementing environmental outreach campaigns such as World Environment Day and the Think, Eat, Save campaign on food waste
- Raising UNEP's profile (and with it concern about the global environment) by organizing specific activities and events and facilitating cooperation with and among selected sectors of society and actors involved in the implementation of the international environmental agenda;
- Influencing the attitudes, behavior and decisions of those who have or can have an impact on the environment by producing and disseminating printed and audio-visual information;
- Publishing information materials and magazines such as "Our Planet" and “Tunza”;
- Maintaining the UNEP library and documentation centre and responding to public enquiries.
Click here for :