- Experts estimate that 10-30 per cent of this illegal trade (around US$ 72-426 million per annum) goes to transnational organized criminal networks based outside eastern DRC
- World Environment Day 2015 to Take Centre Stage at Milan Expo.
- Rebuilding livelihoods in post conflict countries is a critical component of peacebuilding and economic recovery.
- Mr. Harris has led and plays a central role in UNEP's contribution to the Post 2015 development agenda process and important inter-agency coordination mechanisms.
- First major agreement of the Post-2015 development agenda reached at landmark UN Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Mr. BAN-Ki Moon, highlighting the importance of linking disaster risk reduction to sustainable development and efforts to tackle climate change.
- Targeting young people between the ages of 9 and 14, the competition aims to raise awareness on energy consumption and energy savings.
- Egyptian President Receives UNEP Executive Director and African Ministers in Cairo
- The role of women in sustainable natural resource management and the fight against wildlife crime are the major themes of this year's event.