- "I've seen Côte d'Ivoire rapidly develop in the last five years. I want to see it continue to build and improve its economy long into the future. For it to do so, economic development must not come at the expense of the environment." - Erik Solheim
- A clean environment is on the horizon for the people of Ogoniland as government, communities and oil industry commit to implementing UN Environment report recommendations
- The Green Star Awards emphasize the nexus between the environment and the need to safeguard communities from the environmental impacts of emergencies.
- World Environment Day (WED), the world's biggest day for positive environmental action celebrated across the globe
- Eco-crime hits record high at up to $258 billion, outstripping the illegal trade in small arms, as international criminal gangs and militant groups profit from the plunder of Earth's resources
- Government, communities and oil industry commit to implementing UNEP report recommendations
- Environmental impacts responsible for almost one quarter of all deaths, highlighting need to place environment at heart of efforts to improve human health
- New report goes behind the headlines to examine some of the most worrying emerging environmental threats facing the world today, while offering ways to combat them