First consultation meeting in Geneva, 2009
UNEP-DTIE-IETC in partnership with Secretariat of the Basel Convention (SBC) organized a two-day workshop from 30 November to 1 December 2009 in Geneva. The agenda of the workshop was to review activities on waste management and to discuss strategies to streamline efforts by governments and other stakeholders by sharing information, and establishing policy dialogues and partnerships.
The objectives of the consultation workshop were as follows:
- To discuss ongoing activities and to identify gaps and strategies to fill the gaps;
- To discuss strategies for sharing information on waste management;
- To discuss partnerships across different agencies and governments aiming at building capacity on waste management in developing countries; and
- To explore the possibility of establishing a global platform on waste managemetn to foster existing partnerships, information sharing, policy dialogues, capacity building and replication of efforts.
The following documents are available for download:
3. Draft paper for discussions
4. Report of the workshop