UNEP Green Economy Advisory Services consist of policy advice, technical assistance and capacity building that are provided to governments in support of their national and regional initiatives to transform and revitalize their economies.
The Advisory Services include:
- Fostering multi-stakeholder dialogue and consultation on green economy;
- Delivering comprehensive Green Economy Assessments that identify key opportunities and options for a green economy transition at country level;
- Assisting countries in creating Indicators and Measurement Frameworks;
- Identifying and facilitating Enabling Policy and Fiscal Instruments that can encourage investments in high potential green sectors, while assisting the “greening” of other sectors;
- Supporting Centres of Excellence;
- Enhancing local knowledge and Building capacity;
- Mainstreaming green economy into national development strategies and UN Development Assistance Framework;
- Forging partnerships and alliances with national, regional and global institutions.
Where is UNEP working?
At the request of governments, UNEP is partnering with 20+ countries in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East, including:
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Barbados, Brazil, Burkina Faso, China, Egypt, Ghana, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mali, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nepal, Peru, Philippines, Russian Federation, Republic of Korea, Rwanda, Senegal, Serbia, South Africa and Ukraine.
New partnerships are about to be launched in Ethiopia, the Caribbean region and Laos, while support to current partner countries is being scaled up and expanded in the perspective of the post-Rio+20 Conference.