- Pathogen and organic pollution rises in more than 50% of river stretches in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Asia hit hardest by rise in severe pathogen pollution with up to a half of all river stretches affected
- Up to 323 million people on three continents at risk of infection from diseases caused by pathogens in water
"I've seen Côte d'Ivoire rapidly develop in the last five years. I want to see it continue to build and improve its economy long into the future. For it to do so, economic development must not come at the expense of the environment." - Erik Solheim
- US$5-7 trillion a year needed to implement the Sustainable Development Goals
- Festival's Enviro Day to showcase UN Environment initiatives boosting air quality and protecting human health
- 44,000 years of life, one-fifth of GDP are lost in Bosnia and Herzegovina annually due to poor air quality
UN Environment and the Norwegian Government signed a framework agreement for development cooperation yesterday that lays new ground for future collaboration in development and environmental sustainability.
Balakrishna Pisupati and Mathis Wackernagel
A clean environment is on the horizon for the people of Ogoniland as government, communities and oil industry commit to implementing UN Environment report recommendations
"While they have achieved another milestone in flight, their circumnavigation is even more momentous for what it demonstrates about clean technology."