UNEP Inquiry Kicks Off the Year of Green Finance Mon, Jan 4, 2016
Events in London and Washington D.C. to explore how policy is being used to align the financial system with sustainable development.
Following the success of a new global climate agreement at COP21 in Paris, attention is now focusing on practical measures to mobilise the trillions necessary to deliver the transition to a low-carbon, green economy.
This year holds out the promise of being the "year of green finance". China has established a Green Finance Study Group in the G20 to be co-chaired by the People's Bank of China and the Bank of England, with UNEP acting as secretariat. Many other countries are driving forward progress at national and global scales.
The United Nations Environment Programme's Inquiry into the Design of a Sustainable Financial System (UNEP Inquiry) is organizing two events in London and Washington D.C. to discuss its findings and the historic opportunities going forward.
January 14th, London
Jointly hosted with the City of London Corporation
Speakers at the event will include:
- Jeffrey Evans, 4th Baron Mountevans, Lord Mayor of the City of London
- Sir Roger Gifford, former Lord Mayor of the City of London
- Achim Steiner, Executive Director, UNEP
- Ma Jun, Chief Economist, People's Bank of China
- Nick Robins, Co-Director, UNEP Inquiry
To request an invitation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 20 7332 1565
January 15th, Washington D.C.
Jointly hosted with the Carnegie Endowment for Peace
- John Lipsky, former first Deputy Managing Director of the IMF (and Inquiry Council member)
- Michelle Patron, who served as special assistant to U.S. President Barack Obama and senior director for energy and climate on the U.S. National Security Council from 2013 to 2015
- Jay Shambaugh, member of the White House Council of Economic Advisers.
- Griffin Thompson, Director of the Office of Electricity and Energy Efficiency at the U.S. Department of State
- Simon Zadek, co-Director of the UNEP Inquiry
To request an invitation please register here.
comments powered by