All people have the knowledge needed to make effective adaptation decisions.
The mission of PROVIA is to help provide international direction to and improve the coherence of research on climate change vulnerability, impacts and adaptation (VIA).
- To advance policy-relevant research on vulnerability, impacts, and adaptation related to climate change;
- To coordinate and facilitate the dissemination and practical application of this research for the benefit and value of society.
To fulfill its mission and meet its objectives, PROVIA will:
- Identify important VIA research gaps, priorities and emerging issues;
- Build and maintain active communication across the communities of VIA research and practice;
- Promote cooperative work on VIA challenges;
- Improve the rigor, relevance and robustness of VIA research and assessments;
- Support decision makers with scientific input on VIA policy issues;
- Build the capacity of young scientists to conduct VIA research and assessments.