UNEP Division of Communications and Public Information
Communication lies at the very heart of UNEP's mandate and effective communication is an integral part of the strategic management of the organization. The Division of Communications and Public Information communicates UNEP's core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UNEP worldwide. The main activities of DCPI include:
- Creating public awareness of environmental issues in the media
- Raising UNEP's profile (and with it concern about the global environment) by organizing specific activities and events and facilitating cooperation with and among selected sectors of society and actors involved in the implementation of the international environmental agenda.
- Influencing the attitudes, behaviour and decisions of those who have or can have an impact on the environment by producing and disseminating printed and audio-visual information.
- Maintaining the UNEP library and documentation centre and responding to public enquiries.
- Publishing "Our Planet" magazine