8. Principles of Sustainable Development
Introduction to the principles of sustainable development
- Assign core reading
- Select Discussion Questions to lead class discussion
Lead a discussion on the assigned readings by asking students questions such as:
- Is it possible for all people to live a healthy and productive life in harmony with nature?
- Should we live in a way that we believe will not undermine the development and environment needs of present and future generations? Can all of us do this?
- What problems do you foresee between issues of national sovereignty and achieving sustainable development? What needs to happen in this regard in order to reach sustainability goals?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of addressing sustainability through national political cooperation versus worldwide regulation?
- What should developed countries do to help achieve sustainable development?
- What should developing countries do to help achieve sustainable development?