|Looking to the Future
Participants spotting the Seal the Deal! bracelets
During the second day of the UNEP International Youth Conference, youth participants held their regional meetings and finalized their regional action plans. Each region made their 2-year regional action plans, which were all presented in the plenary session where all youth participants from around the world were given the chance to know the list of different region's action plans.
After the respective regions had their closing ceremony on the regional meetings, they were all gathered for a plenary session for a session dubbed as "Youth and Green Jobs."
During the session, some youth participants presented their projects they implemented with their respective countries, and they are the following, to wit:
- Svetlana Unru from Tajikistan, SPARE Project
- Quazi Rezoane from Bangladesh, Climate Campaign
- Woo Ri Kim and Hyo Won Lim from South Korea, Eco Network
- Margaret Koli from Kenya, Wildlife Conservation
- Amrane Walid from Algeria, Environmental Banking
- Yaiguili Alvarado from Panama, Environmental Leadership
- Paez Humberto from Costa Rica, Cleaning and Recycling Projects
- Anne Walraven from the Netherlands, Solar Generation
- Alex Nichole from USA, Green Economy Plan
During the day as well, youth participants participated in various workshops, which includes the following: Wood: Best Gift from Nature, Creative Climate ACtion: 350.org and the International Youth Climate Movement, Corporate Social Responsibility, Biodiversity.
And the day ended with the presentation of the Tunza youth advisory council candidates who have the willingness and dedication to be the voice of the youth around the world.